E-Books and More 4 U

E-Books and More 4 U
Where the Best Books Are Spotlighted.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

INSIDE A CRACKER JACKS BOX

Months ago now I got my first e-mail from

Glenn Kleier thanking ME for listing him as one of my favorite authors on my Face Book profile.


His second book THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL, long awaited by his huge fan base, is finally going to be released, as it stands now, in July of this year. His first book,

THE LAST DAY, was released on September 1, 1998...so it has REALLY been a long time, but unlike me, Glenn Kleier does a LOT of research.

For instance, The Last Day has the intrepid hero circumnavigating

the globe as he follows in the wake of the modern Jesus, an exceptionally beautiful woman





named Jeza.






I, on the other hand, wrote a really short story called MOM WHEN I LEFT, one of many, that follows the journey a woman must make who has just come from her doctor's office after getting a devastating diagnosis.

Alone in her car, the ribbon of highway between her doctor's office and her home, stretches out before her. She should drive straight home, but is shaking inside so badly she needs to find some surcease

for the panic welling within her.

I posted MOM WHEN I LEFT on one of my blogs and have included a direct link for those that might wish to read it now earlier in this post.

Glenn Kleier has proven his prowess as a formidable author. THE LAST DAY found its way onto the NY Times best seller list, and much like the DaVinci Code, stirred up mountains of controversy...controversy that seems to be a great boon towards making




books successes.





I asked Glenn Kleier why he writes about topics that are bound to put him in the middle of


a firestorm. His response was that he has to first and foremost be true to himself. He does such detailed research, he is ALWAYS secure in his details.



I find myself wondering if I need to do more detailed and researched stories. Am I the equivalent of the gift, a mere imitation of the real thing, we find in

a Cracker Jacks box?

And yet, I find power in my short stories that I am not sure I could replicate in longer manuscripts.

Like Popeye the Sailor, I am what I am.

Is that a good thing? I guess it is up to you who read my writings, like MOM WHEN I LEFT to decide.

Am I a Cracker Jacks Box insider? Or is Glenn Kleier brilliant at what he does while I, in my own way also have a claim to excellence? I guess, time will tell. 

No comments: