E-Books and More 4 U

E-Books and More 4 U
Where the Best Books Are Spotlighted.

Monday, August 15, 2011

WHO AM I? HOW TO EXPLAIN THE AUTHOR AND BLOGGER

My son called me earlier today and wanted to know what I'd done this month so far. I try to tell him about the busy stuff I do, but he's used to scalding his fanny off searing metal into many designs...

He's a master welder...have I told any of you that?

His talents leave me

breathless...

there's the entry gate at a nearby business I pass every time I have to go to my lung doctor that makes my heart swell with pride because he made it.

So it is difficult for him to grasp what I do. Sometimes it's difficult for me to grasp it as well.

I'm a writer with a Nudge living inside me that directs my actions whether they be to write a four line semi-rhyme or a 375 page masterpiece. Nudge is also pretty much

in control when I come into any of my

 blogs and create new posting. In fact Nudge is the one

directing my fingers to type these words here and now.

My son thinks I am lazy. I do not leave the apartment more often than I need to, and when I do I am eager to get back home.


I have those ten

blogs as I stated. A lot of what I post

never gets read, or if it does doesn't instill the readers to place

comments.
Lin\
Recently I started a

blog because my

publisher recommended it. My very first posting is about as

personal as it can get...I describe

me and my author daughter. I describe our

many health wise, yet only

comments made it onto that posting. Did others

view it? I really don't know.

I opened that

back at the end of

Today is

August

14th and there are

231 page views so far. A little more than a month and a half with


postings.

The first one entitled LISTENING TO ONE'S PUBLISHER went up on

28 and received a total of (TWO) comments. Not bad when I check out other people's blogs, but this one tells one and all why Kat sometimes cannot think clearly and I hurt inside. Why her body is not always her friend, and why she is the

light of my life, but only 2 people commented.

Is it because I no longer create SHORT postings? Should I make my blog postings nothing more elaborate than this:

My son called today and thinks I'm lazy. I have thirteen contracts currently, three more in the sub pipeline and another about to be subbed, but I'm lazy? Isn't is a shame authors don't get paid by the hour?

It would certainly be easier on me not to

hunt high and low for photos I can use without stomping on someones copyright to go with my postings.

Perhaps I SHOULD think about becoming

lazy. It would mean I'd offend less people when I present their works in a way that flies in the face of what they assumed it should be.

My second posting on my new Lins Own Author's Platform Blog is entitled

BEYOND YESTERDAY HAS A ROCKING COVER and was posted on June 29th. Okay that was self serving since BEYOND YESTERDAY is my book releasing in

September and it really DOES have a

rocking cover. Once again it received (TWO) comments only.

My third posting was made the very same day, June 29th. Two postings on the same day?

Lazy,

lazy,

lazy. This one is entitled KAT HOLMES AND THE LAURELS SHE DESERVES. Somehow this one completely

escaped notice because it got (ZERO) comments.

Maybe I should

think about not posting more than one thing a day...but I have TEN blogs!

My fourth posting in one I would give anything to have not needed to post. I had

planned two entirely different posts for this incredible woman. One was to have been a

review of her book I'd only just finished and the second was to indoctrinate her into my

Pantheon of Muse Editors.

Karen McGrath...not a day goes by I do not ache for what we shared. I miss your voice. I miss your heart. I miss your courage. I miss your love. I cannot believe how fortunate I was to have had this past year with you. I miss you horribly. My posting was entitled WHEN WAVES CRASH AND YOUR WATER WINGS CANNOT KEEP YOU FROM DROWNING.

I will say this posting rightfully received

comments, but I would give up every hit my pages got to have you back among us, Karen. I hope your family will allow me the honor of creating one of my Stationary Trailers for the book you just received the cover for.

My fifth posting was a round robin. I was not supposed to do anything for

Glenn Kleier because he worries about my health and knew, unlike my son, that I am NOT just sitting here in a mild state of catatonia. But I can be sneaky for a good cause, and Glenn's July release of

THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD ANS EVIL was a good cause. The title of this entry is GLENN KLEIER...A PROMISE IS A PROMISE and it got (7) comments.

For number six Nudge decided it was time you all got to know her...not it would seem that many of you bothered to comment if you checked her out. This one is entitled NUDGE IS ARISING and got

comments only.

Number seven hasn't been released yet, but is

scheduled for August 19th. It is an interview with PENNY EHRENKRANTZ entitled Here For a Penny, The Riches of Muse Compounded.

Should be

to see how many hits and/or comments this one gets.

My son thinks I am

lazy...

Here's my blogging itinerary for the last two and one half weeks.
My Monkey Icon
On My Lin's Own Blog...Muse It Up Dedicated Blog:
7/29 LJ HOLMES PRESENTS; LOVE DELIVERY by Penny E.
8/3 LJ HOLMES PRESENTS; THE CALLING OF MIKE MALONE by M.L. Archer
8/9 LJ HOLMES PRESENTS; MIDNIGHT FIND by Christine I. Steeves.
scheduled to release on 9/27
LJ HOLMES PRESENTS: TEN YEARS by Jim Hartley

On My Lin's Own Firebrand...Muse It Hot dedicated blog.
7/29 LJ HOLMES PRESENTS; MORE THAN A STUD by Jerry Race
8/9 LJ HOLMES PRESENTS; THIS TIME FOREVER by L.J. Holmes
scheduled to release on 8/29
LJ HOLMES PRESENTS; A TRACE OF LOVE by Danielle Ravencraft

On My Lin's Own Oyster...Dedicated to Authors with Books elsewhere
8/1 PURITY DWELLS WITHIN by Suzannah Safi

On Lin's Own Speculations
7/31 THE HEART OF THE QUEEN: HERA'S BOYS by Kat Holmes
8/5 INTEGRITY, HONOR, AND LOVE: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MUSE PUBLISHING

On Lin's Own Horn Tooting
7/28 HOTTER THAN THE HEAT INDEX-THIS TIME FOREVER by L.J. Holmes
8/13 REVIEWS OF WORKING UNDER COVERS...Book 1 GAW Series by Kat Holmes

Guest Posting on Other Author's Blogs:

FLOWERS ON THE FENCE: Gail Branan

8/10 MUSE WILL CELEBRATE IT'S ONE YEAR BIRTHDAY ONE MONTH FROM TODAY

KAT'S BLOG: Kat Holmes

8/14 THIS TIME FOREVER'S TOWEL SHAKES IT LOOSE

Of course now there's this one on my Gray Matter being placed on August 15th because it is after

midnight.

I also have a blog none of you want to know about, but a girl can't just skim by on her Nudgibility. Once in a while I HAVE to comment on what is going on in the

world as does Kat who I brought in to let her own

steam off from time to time. In fact the recent posting on this blog made on 8/2 is actually Kat's. We lovingly named this blog

A Dumbass Independent Speaks.

Back to the Original issue...should I

cut down on the length of my postings? Should I post

less often...should I REALLY become

lazy and just

stop altogether? Could I even

do that?

My son thinks I'm lazy. I do not produce the beautiful works of creation he suffers spark burns from using his

Migs and


Tigs and other welding

equipment to create. Maybe

he's right. Maybe I am

deluding myself into thinking what I do matters.

Before coming in to do this, I checked the

numbers on my blogs...Page Views for the last two and 1/2 weeks...here's how they rank...and I am

stymied by them to the point I cannot help wondering if Blogger's counter is off.

1.) Lins Own Blog...the Main Muse It Up blog          3,674
2.) Lin's Own Firebrand...the Muse It Hot Blog       1,882 
3.) Lin's Own Oyster...Authors elsewhere blog       1,224
4.) Lin's Own Speculations...Just Me thinking         869
5.) Lin's Own Booklounge...Muse YA dedicated        476
6.) Lin's Own Horn Tooting...Toot Tooting               364
7.) Lin's Own Author's Platform...it's new               116
8.) Lin's Own Gray Matter...cerebral-not!                 37
9.) Lin's Own Pantheon Of Muse Edit Gods              24

And on Kat's Blog these last 2 1/2 weeks           2,392

So what's your

opinion? Will you leave a

comment for me to see? 

Time will tell.

2 comments:

BarbaraB said...

Lin,
I think it's wonderful you have so many blogs. I wish I could post one tenth on mine that you do on yours.
WE--your fellow Muse authors--know you are not lazy. Keep up the good work.

Lin said...

Thank you so much Barbara. One of the best things that ever happened to me is becoming a part of the Muse family. You all enrich my world in ways I never thought I'd find. Thank you.